About Me

My photo
Let,me begin by saying Praise God for all the things that He is doing. He is the Great Planner, the Knower of ALL things, the Great Healer… He is my Everything! He is the reason I roll out of bed every morning with a smile on my face and the reason I go to bed every night with peace in my heart. God knew about The Charm House years ago when He placed the name in my heart. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, I just knew that one day I would own some type of business that would be called “The Charm House”. He prepared me for years, teaching me and giving me ideas so when the day came that I "needed" something to help occupy my time, it would be there waiting for me. Having the health problems that I do, I have extreme ups and downs. I have dealt with this for years and God has taught me how to deal with it. See, sometimes when God puts us in the deepest of trials, He is preparing us for something great! I know through ALL THINGS God is working out HIS PLANS and I am willing to deal with anything so that HIS WILL can be done not only in my life but that of my husband, my children and my family. Therefore, I know God is Good~All the Time!

On Solid Ground I Stand....

Psalm 40:1-3
1 I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
and he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
and steadied me as I walked along.
3 He has given me a new song to sing,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
They will put their trust in the Lord

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Philippians 4:13....

“Persistent people begin their success when others end in failure.”—Edward Eggleston
“We can do anything we want to do if we stick with it long enough.”—Helen Keller


Persistent~
Obstinately refusing to give up or let go.
She has had a persistent cough for weeks.
Insistently repetitive.
There was a persistent knocking on the door.
Indefinitely continuous.

There have been persistent rumours for years.


So often as Christians we seem to "Give up" before we reach our goals..... Why is that? Do we lack the confidence or faith that it takes to see the end? Or Are we just so lazy in our faith that we say "I give up"? I think one of the greatest verses for Christians, struggling or not, is found in Philippians 4:13~I can do everything through him who gives me strength. You know the truth is, We just have to hold on for the ride and be determined to meet the goal. God wants us to focus on what we are suppose to be doing for HIM. There will be trials, troubles and heart ache along the journey. Through these instead of giving up, we need to pull up our boot straps and ask God to strengthen us through each valley and as PRAISE HIM THROUGH ALL THINGS!
1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen

PERSISTENCE (Determination, Discipline, Self-Control, Diligence)
*Strong character develops as you struggle through tough conditions.
*Persistence that becomes mere stubbornness is a weakness.
*Persistence is a good trait if it is for a worthy cause. But if the goal is only personal honor or gain, persistence may be no more than stubbornness.
*Before you decide to pursue a goal, make sure it is worthy of your devotion.
*Persistence in seeking after God is a strength. Jesus tells us to persist in pursuing God. People often give up after a few halfhearted efforts and conclude that God cannot be found. But knowing God takes faith, focus, and follow-through, and Jesus assures us that we will be rewarded. Don’t give up in your efforts to seek God. Continue to ask him for more knowledge, patience, wisdom, love, and understanding. He will give them to you.

Ask, and you will be given what you ask for. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Anyone who seeks, finds. If only you will knock, the door will open. (Matthew 7:7-8, tlb)

Philippians 2:3 Don’t push your way to the front; don’t sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. 4Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.

Philippians 2:14 Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! 15Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night 16so I’ll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You’ll be living proof that I didn’t go to all this work for nothing.
Philippians 3:12I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. 13Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. 14I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back. 15So let’s keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you’ll see it yet! 16Now that we’re on the right track, let’s stay on it. 17Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal. 18There are many out there taking other paths, choosing other goals, and trying to get you to go along with them. I’ve warned you of them many times; sadly, I’m having to do it again. All they want is easy street. They hate Christ’s Cross. 19But easy street is a dead-end street. Those who live there make their bellies their gods; belches are their praise; all they can think of is their appetites.
Philippians 4:6Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. 7Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. 8Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. 9Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. 13Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
Lord, This morning I want to lay ALL things before you! Help me to find the goal that YOU have set forth in my life. Give me the strength to overcome the trials and troubles and help me to rejoice to all people the greatness of your being. Help me to see Paul and his persistence in following YOU. Let me lead a life that others would want to follow.
In His Name~ Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post however I was wanting to know if you could
write a litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Bless you!

Here is my blog diets that work

Anonymous said...

Superb blog! Do you have any helpful hints
for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress
or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any ideas? Thank you!

Also visit my page :: legal amphetamines

Anonymous said...

Intereѕting blog! ӏs yοur theme сustom
mаԁe or ԁiԁ you ԁownloaԁ it from
ѕomеwhеre? A design lіkе yours with
a fеw simple tweeks would really maκe my blog stand οut.
Please let me κnoω where you got уouг theme.
With thanks

Cheсk оut my blog pоѕt ... premature Ejaculation Pills

Followers

Proverbs 31 Daily devotions...